tirsdag 26. oktober 2010

Travel Blog

This is my travel blog. In this blog you will get the chance to read about my journey as I visit the amazing and exciting country India.

India is a country with over 1, 1 billion people, which is quite much! It’s a country of contrasts. In India you will find both beautiful historical buildings and dilapidated houses. You will notice a remarkable difference between the poor people and the upper-class, and it’s a strict line that separates the slum from a more wealthy part of an area. The official language in India is Hindi, but English is also a widespread language. This makes it a very tourist- friendly country.

I am now in Bangalore, and it is here my journey starts. Bangalore is a city with millions of inhabitants, and is an important center for industry and technology in India. When I arrived I got a little shocked because I’ve never seen so many people at the same time. My driver saw my reaction when he opened the door to the vehicle and welcomed me to India with the funny, but yet charming Indian accent. He said that I should get used to the mass of people at once, because in India you will always be surrounded with people.

India has really made an impact on me already. Here I am, in one of the largest countries in the world, sitting in my hotel room trying to digest all the new impressions. The smell is just one of them. Its so many different smells everywhere, you will never get bored. The smell of spices, dirt, human smell and food are some examples. And the food is also so different from what you get at home. Exciting spices and really spicy food is typical Indian, curry is an example of a usual spice. India has many different national dishes, but one of them is tandoori chicken which you serve with bread like naan or puri.

But now I have to go, I’ll write more later.
- Iphigenia

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar