onsdag 22. september 2010

The disappearance of the pen

Yesterday I was so frustrated because I had lost my new pen. I told my best friend that I believed that she was the last person to use it before it disappeared. She said that she didn’t know what I was talking about. “I haven’t taken any pen!” she claimed, raising her voice. “Go jump in the river, I know you used it.” I said with a bit of irritation in my voice. “Have you lost your marbles? If I took it, I would have said so!”

We kept on going like this for a while until the student sitting in front of us turns around. “I can’t help to notice what you are arguing about. It couldn’t be the pen that is lying under the desk you guys are so frustrated about, could it?” “Hold on” I said while taking a little break. “Have you known ALL the time?” “Yes” he said with a little smile on his face. “And you just let her keep going like this, claiming me for something I didn’t do?” “Jupp” his smile grew bigger as he turn towards the blackboard.

So, there I sat, feeling stupid for pressing charges on my best friend for something she didn’t do. I looked at her, regretfully. “Sorry” I said, “it won’t happen again, I promise”. “It’s okay, I forgive you”. She smiled at me, and we gave each other a big hug. We haven’t argued about something that silly since.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar