torsdag 28. oktober 2010

Holy cow! - Travel Blog



Taj Mahal was as amazing as I had pictured it would be! I’m serious when I tell you that for a second I thought that I was staring at a picture when I first got a glint of the amazing building. No wonder why it’s mentioned as one of the most beautiful masterpieces in the whole wide world, It’s breathtaking!

I’m now sitting in my hotel room in Agra drinking chai and listening to the noise outside. A huge row of cars are crowding up outside my room because a cow is standing in the middle of the street blocking their way. Since the cows are preserved in India, they’re not allowed to do anything more than to use the horn on their vehicle aggressively hoping for the cow to get out of their way. For the people that live in India this is quite normal, but for a foreigner like me it’s really strange, but yet funny.

I’ve got a few more days in Agra before I’m heading towards the south to visit Goa. Yesterday I was at a marked where they sold beautiful silk fabrics, scarves, jewelries and a lot more. I got totally stunned by all the beautiful colors and exciting things there were. One thing I just had to buy as a souvenir was the national dress called a sari. Every woman in India owns a sari, and they often got one for casual use and one for dressing up. I bought a dressing- up sari, which is a little more exclusive and pretty than the normal one. The dress is divided in two parts, one skirt with a 6 meter long veil attached to it that you’re supposed wrap around you in a special way. The top has a beautiful handmade embellishment with pearls and glitter. It’s so unique and elegant, not like anything I’ve seen before!

But now I have to go to bed, sleep is important in a country where you don’t get time to hear your own thoughts!
- Iphigenia

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar