tirsdag 16. november 2010

The Stolen Generation

Devastated. Broken. The worst thing happened today. I was taken away from my family, dragged into a car, driven away. My mom, my aunt and my grandmother were standing at the outside knocking on the route, yelling and screaming. That was the last time me, my brother and one of cousins saw them. And I miss them so bad. We were placed in different families, told that we were going to work and go to school. It’s a Christian school, and we learn about God and his kindness and love for human beings. But I ask myself, how can something like this happen if God is so kind and loving? I’m a Aborigine, not a Christian. I’m colored, not white. I don’t belong here. I want to go home.

1 kommentar:

  1. I think you have written a good and an inspiring text about the stolen generation and how they were treated in the past. It was fun reading it!
    love, rebz

    SvarSlett